Browser based accounting software will probably have ‘Dashboards’. Dashboards show top level summary views of information often in a graphical form.
Providing your accounting data is up-to-date, a dashboard will show you key performance information. A basic financial dashboard might consist of:
- Total money in bank/cash accounts along with a breakdown
- Total owed along with an debtors aged analysis graph
- Total owing along with an creditors aged analysis graph
- Current Year-to-Date Net Profit along with a Year-on-Year Result graph
Click on any of these and the system should drill down to provide further information.
Dashboards can also be customised for each user to show, for example:
- Top 10 customers
- Top 10 items/products sold
- Year-on-Year Revenue
- Exchange Rates
It’s your choice whether the system opens up with a dashboard view and what it displays.